At King Living we design and build our furniture around safety and functionality.
Anchoring your King Living furniture provides added stability and safety, especially if you have children or pets at home.
Here are some tips on how you can anchor your furniture:
- Identify the anchor points: Examine your furniture to locate the appropriate anchor points, which are usually found on the back or underside of the furniture. For some furniture, such as bookshelves, you may need to anchor them to the wall.
- Select appropriate furniture anchors: Based on your furniture type and the surface you're anchoring it to, choose the suitable furniture anchor kit.
- Gather tools and materials: You'll need tools like a drill, screws, wall plugs, measuring tape, and a level to anchor your furniture properly. Ensure you have the right size and type of screws and wall plugs for your wall material (drywall, plaster, brick, etc.).
- Attach the anchor to the furniture: Following the instructions provided with the anchor kit, attach the anchor to the furniture's anchor points. This may involve screwing brackets or straps directly into the furniture.
- Find the wall stud or anchor point: Use a stud finder to locate the studs in the wall or identify the appropriate anchor points on the floor. Mark the position where you'll attach the anchor.
- Attach the anchor to the wall: Hold the furniture in place against the wall or floor, ensuring it is level and properly aligned. Drill pilot holes into the wall or floor, and then attach the anchor using the appropriate screws and wall plugs.
- Check the stability: After anchoring your furniture, gently test its stability by applying pressure or trying to move it. The furniture should remain securely in place.
Properly anchoring your King Living furniture can help ensure a safe and stable environment.
For any product enquiries please submit a general request here.
Click here to download a Toppling Furniture Information Guide.