Marble is a product of nature. While all stone products from King are sealed, marble can etch when exposed to acidic substances like coffee, citrus, wine, tomatoes, alcohol, and juice. A stain, on the other hand, happens when a liquid infiltrates the marble, causing discoloration within the stone.
Here are some guidelines to maintain your marble:
- Routinely clean the surface with a lukewarm, damp cloth, and then pat it dry
- Use coasters and boards as much as possible to avoid direct contact of food and drinks with the marble
- Absorb any spills immediately with a clean, damp cloth to prevent seeping into the surface. If needed, use a diluted mild soap solution to clean, then wipe it dry
- Do not use harsh cleaners. A mild detergent or soap-free cleaner is the best choice
- Refrain from placing hot items directly on the stone surface. Use boards, trivets, or mats instead
- Scouring products should be avoided as they are abrasive and can scratch the stone's surface and damage the marble's finish
- Avoid using a vacuum cleaner for dust and dirt removal from marble, as the vacuum cleaner hose's edge can scratch the delicate marble surface
For more detailed Product Care Advice, click here.
To access the King Living Marble Care Guide, click here.